The Senedd Member for Aberconwy - Janet Finch-Saunders MS - is calling on constituents from the Welsh-Chinese community to put themselves forward for a new award that is designed to recognise their achievements and contributions to national life.
Nominations have now opened for The Blossom Awards which aim to identify high achievers from the Welsh-Chinese and British-Chinese Community, in a range of fields. The Awards aim to recognise unsung heroes like teachers, NHS staff and charity leaders, and those who have achieved success in professional fields like engineering, technology and business.
The Blossom Awards are the first ever accolades focused exclusively on the Welsh-Chinese Community – one of the largest and most established ethnic minority groups in Wales.
Nominations are now open and close on Friday 12 June 2020. All nominations must be submitted online: www.TheBlossomAwards.org.uk.
Speaking of the awards, Janet said:
“Welsh-Chinese people are doing inspirational work in communities across Wales, including in my home constituency of Aberconwy. The Blossom Awards will shine a light on their success and contribution.
From business and the arts, to science and the charity sector, its hoped that the Blossom Awards will enable Welsh-Chinese people to challenge outdated perceptions about their identity. Please encourage a friend, family member, neighbour or colleague who deserves recognition to nominate themselves.
Notes for Editors:
- Nominations are welcome in 12 Awards categories: Education; Environment & Sustainability; Entrepreneurship; Business and Professions; Engineering & Science; Public Service; Culture, Music & Arts; Community & Charity; Young Achiever (Under 30); Food & Hospitality; Technology & Digital; Media & Creative Industries.
- Winners will be invited to an awards ceremony in central London in late October 2020.
- Only individuals can nominate themselves – not groups.
- Nominations can only be submitted by the nominee, and must be done online via the website.
- There is no fee or any other charge to submit a nomination.