The Member of the Welsh Parliament for Aberconwy - Janet Finch-Saunders MS - has welcomed helpful guidance published by the Companion Animal Welfare Group for Wales, to help the nation's pet owners keep their pets happy and healthy during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Pets are valuable family members who can provide comfort and companionship to people during this time.
The COVID-19 crisis has changed many pet owners’ daily routines which may in turn affect their pet’s routine, so the infographic's attached below provides further advice to owners who are worried about how to care for their pet during this time, as well as helpful links to trusted content from expert animal welfare organisations.
Here are some of the helpful links:
- Welsh Government advice for pet owners: https://gov.wales/caring-animals-during-coronavirus-outbreak
- Calorie counter for dogs: https://www.pfma.org.uk/dog-calorie-calculator-nrc-method
- Calorie counter for cats: https://www.pfma.org.uk/cat-calorie-calculator-nrc-method
- Help monitoring your pet’s weight: https://www.pdsa.org.uk/taking-care-of-your-pet/looking-after-your-pet/all-pets/keep-your-pet-healthy
- Help providing for your pet’s Five Welfare Needs: https://www.pdsa.org.uk/taking-care-of-your-pet/looking-after-your-pet/all-pets/5-welfare-needs
Photo: Krista Mangulsone/UnSplash